About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in the Dayton area. Working at a cubicle 5 days a week, I have become lazy and started to gain weight. Follow me on my journey to a healthier lifestyle.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How It Started

I guess I should start at the beginning of how the search for our house started.  John Michael, my partner, and I had moved from one rental unit to another virtually every 2 years.  In the past 10 years we have lived in 4 different cities surrounding the Dayton, Ohio area and 4 different apartments or rented houses.  We were getting sick of moving and having to shell out money for something that wasn't ours.  Two years ago I met David Moyer, our realtor and friend, through a mutual friend and through him started plotting how to go about starting the home buying process.  Before we even started looking for a home, we met with the mortgage broker to determine what our credit scores were and what we could qualify.  We had a goal of being out of our apartment by May 1,2010 because our lease was up and we didn't want to pay the increased rent for another year.  We started meeting with the mortgage broker in December.  We had a small bit of work to do to make sure our credit scores were sufficient for us to qualify for the amount of money we were looking to borrow.  We took three months to work on our credit and by the time we were ready to start looking at houses, we had enhanced our credit scores enough to qualify for what we though we could handle for a monthly payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment